Hey there! Perhaps you stumbled upon this site because you googled something (popular: “indoor activities for kids” and “how to wash your hair without shampoo”). Or maybe you saw a link on Facebook and wondered what it was all about—and now here you are.
Or, you might have come here out of sheer exhaustion, hoping to find a sliver of help from your insanity. If this is you, oh, how I wish I could reach through this screen and give you a drink of your choice, a non-awkward side hug (hey, we just met), and a tiny dose of what you might need.
A word of encouragement that simple living is worth it? A laugh? Assurance that the in-laws won’t overdo the Christmas gifts this year? I can possibly help you with the first two.
Here’s a list of our most popular posts, with my personal favorites sprinkled in:
- What is simple living, anyway?
- 3 questions I ask myself before buying something
- What I learned during my year of worldwide family travel
- The beauty of living slowly
- How to not be obnoxious even though you’re passionate
- On taking a regular Screen Sabbath
- Stop saving your stickers
- 11 strategies for a morning routine
- On having kids later in life (or not at all)
- A single mom takes off the superhero cape
- Parenting a child with anxiety
- The decision and indecision of parenting teens
- The public school parent’s guide to learning at home
- 3 benefits of a mentor (and how to get one)
- 7 tips to help you read more (and love it)
I publish about three times a week: one post from me, one post from a contributing writer friend, and one podcast episode. If you want to stay in the loop, sign up for the weekend email—you’ll get everything we published from the week, plus an occasional note or announcement I won’t publish anywhere else. It can be read in under a minute (promise).
As a thanks, I’ll send you a copy of my free ebook, Simple Seven: My First Action Steps to Jump Off Life’s Crazy Train:
You’ll also get my monthly personal letter. It’s like a free toy inside. (Unsubscribe at any time.)