I love Easter, mostly because it’s the one time of year people actually focus on the most important event in history. But I also love the dawn of spring, and the celebrations we have as a family to welcome more outdoor time, more stopping to smell the wildflowers, and a general sense of rebirth in our lives.
I also love that, unlike Christmas, isn’t hasn’t become too crazily commercial. I mean, it’s definitely on its way… But instead of six weeks of decorating and eating and spending more, more, more, most people simple enjoy a weekend of being with friends and family.
This is the first Easter we’ve had among family in three years, so I look forward to that this weekend. In the meantime, I thought I’d share some of my favorite finds from around the blogosphere that help celebrate Easter.
Perhaps your family could try one or two of these ideas.
Photo from Kitchen Simplicity
- Taming the yeast: Easter egg bread :: Simple Bites
- Three no-bake Easter treats :: Kitchen Simplicity
- Coconut-mango pancakes :: A Little Yumminess
- Egg-shaped Easter sweets :: Women’s Day
- Chickie eggs :: Just Jenn
- Apple walnut flax seed bread :: Joy the Baker
Photo from A Soft Place to Land
- Create a moss table runner :: Sunset magazine
- Spring napkins :: Purl Bee
- Happy little ideas for spring :: The Inspired Room
- The spring mantel :: A Soft Place to Land
- F is for flowering branches :: Fric and Frac
- Home is a delicious scent: Cherry blossoms :: Reluctant Entertainer
Photo from Mibo
- Craft an eco-friendly Easter :: Simple Organic
- Egg cartons: Imagine the possibilities :: Simple Kids
- Felted eggs for spring :: Craftzine
- Bunny rabbit egg cozy :: Bloesem Kids
- Tissue-paper decorated eggs :: Martha Stewart
- The yolk folk :: Mibo
- Tiny baskets for spring :: Quince and Quire
- Quick little bunny tutorial :: Elsie Marley
Do you have a post up relating to a family-friendly Easter project? Do share your link in the comments!