Alright, so this blog. It’s kinda new. My personal blog isn’t, however, and that’s where you can read our family updates, little cultural stories about life here, and generally whatever comes to my mind that doesn’t fit here.
So what does fit on this blog?
This blog is dedicated to encouraging moms to simplify their high calling. That means freedom from unnecessary complications, and free enough to do our job well.
Photo by Atimoth
And don’t think that by my penning this blog that I have this “simplicity” thing all figured out! By reading, you’ll be following my journey as I learn what works and what doesn’t.
I love exploring the practical sides of simplicity, so I highlight some of the many tools and resources available. Topics that interest me most are:
- managing time as we manage the home – how on earth do we do it “all”?
- budgeting and managing the family’s finances
- cooking and eating well
- filling our family’s minds with only quality books, music, and movies
- cultivating the dying arts for the benefit of our family – sewing, gardening, and the like
- keeping paperwork to a minimum, and organizing well the paperwork that is necessary
- incorporating our children in household management – even the little ones can help out
I want to showcase the benefit of simplicity, that keeping things simple can free us to invest in the things that really matter – relationships with family and friends.
Interested? Then please stick around and explore! All suggestions and ideas are welcome. I’ll try my darndest to make even personal finance interesting and fun.