With Christmas less than a week away, many of us will be hitting the market to grab a few last-minute items as we prepare our holiday menu. There have been some amazing recipes floating around the blogosphere for meals and dishes using real, whole ingredients.
Next month we are going to talk more in depth about the real food movement, but today I wanted to leave you with some inspiring links for some healthy holiday cooking and baking.
As a starting point, Donielle at Naturally Knocked Up hosted a wonderful carnival of recipes with some other real food bloggers, called Whole Foods for the Holidays. She has the virtual “progressive dinner” links listed for a delicious, well-rounded holiday dinner.
And last week Simple Mom posted a great list of gluten-free appetizers that look delicious.
Read on for a few more recipes I’ve come across recently.
- Curried Sweet Potato Soup with Goat Cheese Biscuits :: Joy the Baker
- Creamy Mushroom Soup with Rice and Sherry :: Nature Moms Blog
- Salmon Puttanesca :: The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen
- Shepard’s Pie :: Taste is Trump
- Green Bean Casserole :: The Pioneer Woman
- Citrus & Pomegranate with Vanilla Syrup :: Simple Bites
- Garlicky Thyme Sautéed Mushrooms :: The Nourishing Gourmet
- Roasted Winter Vegetables :: Kitchen Stewardship
- Chewy Gingersnaps (No gluten, no grains, no dairy) :: Keeper of the Home
- Healthier Christmas Cookies (Some gluten, dairy, grain free) :: The Nourishing Gourmet
- Maple Caramel Corn :: The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen
- Cranberry Orange Coconut Cookies :: Passionate Homemaking
Last-minute-gift bonus: Edible Gifts :: Progressive Pioneer
One of our family traditions is to have grapefruit for Christmas morning breakfast, so this year I think I will change it up a bit by making Aimee’s Citrus & Pomegranate fruit salad. I can’t wait to try it!
This post was brought to you by Eco Lunch Gear. Eco Lunch Gear offers reusable cloth sandwich wraps and snack bags for the whole family in various sizes and fabrics. You can see their products and find out more about the company at their website.