Ep. 92: Friendships
Sometimes it feels hard to make time for friends as an adult. And draining. And potentially awkward.
But also completely worth it.
In this episode, co-host Erin Loechner and I talk about friendships—how do we make time for the life-giving people in our life? How do we make sure we’re a good friend back? How do we set healthy boundaries in these relationships?
Let’s talk about what it means to invite other people into our lives, even when it’s messy and inconvenient. Because the crazier life gets, the more meaningful those friendships become.
(Even for us introverts.)
Links From This Episode:
- Follow the podcast on Instagram!
- Get 5 Quick Things, the weekly email you can read in under a minute
- Erin’s blog, Design For Mankind
- Erin on Twitter and Instagram
- Tsh on Twitter and Instagram
- An easy ice cream tip for entertaining
- Our summer hospitality episode
- The real definition of a mentor
- On making friends and partial solutions
- Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) test
- Turkish çay
- Mercemek (Turkish lentil soup)
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese savory pancake)
- Milk Carton Kids live from Lincoln Theater, on Tiny Desk, and on Spotify
Thanks to sponsor Kensington Books and Blue Hollow Falls, their new novel by Donna Kauffman. Sunny Goodwin never expected to own a centuries-old silk mill in Virginia’s Blue Ridge Mountains or to become a half-sister to a ten-year-old named Bailey. Library Journal says, “A gorgeous setting, a welcoming town, and quirky, lovable characters make Blue Hollow Falls a dream destination for readers and a perfect launch for a promising new series.”
Thanks to sponsor Prep Dish, a healthy meal-planning service that emails you a plan each week, complete with super-organized grocery list and instructions for 1-3 hours weekend prep, so that afterwards you’re completely ready for quick meals the rest of the week.
The Simple Show listeners get a two-week free trial—head here! And use the code SIMPLE.
Never miss an episode!
Get our weekly email, 5 Quick Things:
(It can be read in under a minute.)
Subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts: