Ep. 80: A Man Called Ove & Dark Matter
There’s no better time to read than summer, so for this episode, we’re talking two books that make great summer reads.
Both Haley and I go outside our usual boxes to talk fiction we wouldn’t normally read—she’s going for something written in the last fifty years (gasp!), and I go for a sci-fi with a lot of heart.
We loved both. In this episode, you’ll hear why.
(Also, check out our last episode, where you’ll hear our list of recommendations for your summer reading list.)
Listen in Here:
Notes From this Episode:
- Haley’s blog, Carrots for Michelmas
- Haley’s podcast, Fountains of Carrots
- Haley on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Tsh on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Tsh’s book, At Home in the World
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
- Schröedinger’s Cat: a good, quick explanation
- Sylvan Esso (and the songs Coffee and Play it Right)
- How I Built This (try the episodes on Lonely Planet and Whole Foods)
- Chef’s Table on Netflix
- Jiro Dreams of Sushi on Netflix
For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here!
Never miss an episode!
Get our weekly email, 5 Quick Things:
(It can be read in under a minute.)
Subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts: