There’s no better time to read than summer, so for this episode, we’re talking two books that make great summer reads.
Both Haley and I go outside our usual boxes to talk fiction we wouldn’t normally read—she’s going for something written in the last fifty years (gasp!), and I go for a sci-fi with a lot of heart.
We loved both. In this episode, you’ll hear why.
(Also, check out our last episode, where you’ll hear our list of recommendations for your summer reading list.)
Listen in Here:
Notes From this Episode:
- Haley’s blog, Carrots for Michelmas
- Haley’s podcast, Fountains of Carrots
- Haley on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Tsh on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Tsh’s book, At Home in the World
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
- Schröedinger’s Cat: a good, quick explanation
- Sylvan Esso (and the songs Coffee and Play it Right)
- How I Built This (try the episodes on Lonely Planet and Whole Foods)
- Chef’s Table on Netflix
- Jiro Dreams of Sushi on Netflix
Big thanks to sponsor Prep Dish, a healthy meal-planning service that emails you a plan each week, complete with super-organized grocery list and instructions for 1-3 hours weekend prep, so that afterwards you’re completely ready for quick meals the rest of the week.
The Simple Show listeners get a two-week free trial—head here! And use the code SIMPLE.
Also, big thanks to sponsor ShipStation, the easiest way to manage and ship orders all from one place, where you can create labels for all the top carriers. With over 75 other popular selling channels, ShipStation brings all your orders into one simple interface. It’s the #1 choice of online sellers.
Simple Show listeners get to try ShipStation free for 30 days AND get an additional month free with the promo code SIMPLE. Head here, click on the microphone at the top of the homepage and type in simple.