Ep. 74: “Capsule” Wardrobes
I put the quotes around capsule on purpose on this podcast’s title, because we have a more… laissez faire approach to this idea.
Co-host Erin Loechner and I dish about what it means to love everything in your closet—for normal people. She’s a professional stylist, so I can’t think of anyone better to toss in two cents to this fountain.
Luckily, she’s all about wearing what you love more than following strict rules. Creating a capsule wardrobe doesn’t mean a uniform of black turtlenecks and jeans a la Steve Jobs—it means loving to wear all that you’ve got to wear.
Plus, I share the 8 reasons you’ve told me why it’s hard to declutter your wardrobes. Totally understandable.
Links from this Episode:
- Erin’s blog, Design for Mankind
- Erin on Twitter and Instagram
- Tsh on Twitter and Instagram
- Tsh’s book, At Home in the World
- Erin’s book, Chasing Slow
- These people wear only one color, the New York Magazine feature
- Unfancy is a great blog that explores the idea of capsule wardrobes
- Capsules don’t have to be all gray and beige
- A helpful mindset before you purge your wardrobe
- Tsh’s decluttering class, which includes your wardrobes—sign up to be notified when it reopens!
For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here!
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's patron-only show, The WRLD at Home.
Never miss an episode!
Get our weekly email, 5 Quick Things:
(It can be read in under a minute.)
Subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts: