Ep. 73: Man’s Search for Meaning + The Year of Living Danishly
I absolutely loved doing story time on The Simple Show last week… did you? Let me know if that buttered your bread, and I may do more episodes like that in the future.
Today we’re back to our regularly-scheduled programming of books, travel, and life at home. And you’ve got yourselves a books episode. Co-host Haley Stewart and I talk about two recent reads of ours—and for the first time since we started this series, we’ve each chosen a non-fiction read.
Both have good insights into life, but one is significantly deeper than the other. (Both types of books are needed, in our opinion.)
Links for this episode:
- Haley’s blog, Carrots for Michelmas
- Haley’s podcast, Fountains of Carrots
- Haley on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Tsh on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Man’s Search for Meaning, by Viktor Frankl
- The Year of Living Danishly, by Helen Russell
- Around the World Stories, which has the story about the LEGO creator
- What Haley’s watching: Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries, Father Brown, Home Fires, Kurt Seyit ve Şura
- What Tsh is watching: Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Great British Baking Show, MasterChef Junior
- Order Tsh’s new book, At Home in the World!
Big thanks to this episode’s sponsor, Aaptiv, a fitness app that’s like Netflix for your body! To join me in giving it a try this year, they’re giving you guys 30 days free when you sign up—head here, and use the code theartofsimple.
Never miss an episode!
Get our weekly email, 5 Quick Things:
(It can be read in under a minute.)
Subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts: