Ep. 67: Adventuring in Your Own Home
We’ve been talking a lot about travel around here because of my latest book, and of course I love this. I could talk about exploring the world all day.
But what about those times when we just can’t hop on a plane? How do we incorporate a love for the world in fun, do-able ways right in our own homes? That’s what this chat with co-host Erin Loechner is about.
Books, TV shows, music, food…. There’s so many fun ways to infuse a global spirit inside our four walls.
Links from this episode:
- Erin’s blog, Design for Mankind
- Erin on Twitter and Instagram
- Tsh on Twitter and Instagram
- Order Tsh’s book, At Home in the World
- Bonus episode on fostering a global worldview
- I’ll Have What Phil’s Having
- Get my recipe for Turkish pide + 5 other global foods in At Home‘s Book Club Guide
- World Market
- Everywhere Babies
- The Phantom Tollbooth
- Magic Treehouse series
- Caroline Starr Rose’s books
- Give Your Child the World, by Jamie Martin
- Everybody Cooks Rice, etc.
- How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World
- Giant IKEA world map is discontinued—see similar
- Soundtracks: Slumdog Millionaire, Chocolat, Midnight in Paris, Buena Vista Social Club, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Big thanks to this episode’s sponsor, Prep Dish, a healthy meal-planning service that emails you a plan each week, complete with super-organized grocery list and instructions for 1-3 hours weekend prep, so that afterwards you’re completely ready for quick meals the rest of the week.
The Simple Show listeners get a two-week free trial—head here! And use the code SIMPLE.
Never miss an episode!
Get our weekly email, 5 Quick Things:
(It can be read in under a minute.)
Subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts: