Adapted from the Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook.
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil or 2 tsp. dried basil, crushed
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 cup sliced carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red or green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup cashews or peanuts
Cut chicken into bite-size strips and set aside. Combine broth, soy sauce, basil (if using dried), corn starch, red pepper, and turmeric in a small bowl; set aside.
Pour oil into a large wok and heat over medium-high heat. Add vegetables to the wok; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until veggies are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from the wok. Add chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes while stirring, or until chicken is no longer pink. Push chicken from the center of the wok. Stir the sauce, add to the wok’s center, and cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
Return cooked veggies to the wok; combine veggies and chicken with the sauce, add fresh basil (if using), and stir until heated through. Serve over white rice or Asian noodles.