Seriously delighted to bless one of you with the whole kit and kaboodle gift basket from this past weekend’s Queen for a Day! And also seriously wishing I was Oprah so that I could give one to each and every one of you.
We do these Mother’s Day giveaways for two reasons: to spotlight our favorite small businesses, and to encourage you to shop for gifts with these delightful companies—and also to say thanks to you. You are the reason we get to wake up and do what we do, and while it’s more work than we ever imagined, I honestly can’t imagine doing anything else.
Thank you for reading, for interacting, and for your encouraging feedback. You seriously make Simple Mom what it is!
Without further ado, the winner is…
Rebecca, who said the best part of being a mom is “Seeing their faces transform and the joy and interest shine through as they learn or experience something new for the first time.” Congrats, Rebecca! And happy Mother’s Day to you.
Queen for a Day 2012 sponsors & coupon codes
A HUGE thank you to all the Queen for a Day sponsors! These are all amazing shops, and we’re proud to support them. Many of them have provided our readers with coupon codes to make it even easier to order your Mother’s Day gifts. Don’t wait!
Accessories, Bags, & Clothing
• Arteesta—Use the code QUEEN4ADAY for 10% off through May 31
• Epiphanie Bags
• Gussy Sews—Use the code GUSSYSEWS15 for 15% off through May 8
• Namaste Inc.—Use the code MOM25 for 25% off through May 5
• Shabby Apple
• EvaJuliet—Use the code FORMOM for 10% off.
• Life Manifestos—Use the code SIMPLEHOMESCHOOL for 10% off through May 4 (orders purchased by the 4th are guaranteed to arrive before Mother’s Day)
• Mary Kate McDevitt—Use the code MOMSDAY for 10% off
• Rebekka Seale—Use the code SIMPLEMOM to get free shipping through April 14 (and her set of 3 flower prints are also on sale for Mother’s Day, all three for $35)
• River Luna—Use the code MAMALOVE for 30% off
Bath & Body
• Graham Gardens—Use the code Queen25 for 25% off through May 31, 2012 (and they always have flat rate $5 shipping)
• Live Beautifully—Use the code MOTHERSDAY20 for 20% off entire purchase until May 14
• LuSa Organics—Use the code SIMPLE GIVEAWAY (enter it in the comments field during checkout) for a free bar of naked soap with orders over $35, through May 15
• MadeOn Hard Lotion—Use the code SLM2012 for 10% off through May 5
• Saville’s Row—Use the code SAVILLE33 for 15% off
• Naturally Fun Parties for Kids, Ice Pop Joy, and The Organic Family Cookbook by Anni Daulter
• The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food From My Frontier by Ree Drummond
• For My Children: A Mother’s Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom by Dionna Ford
• Mother Letters, curated by Sean and Amber Haines—Use the code SIMPLE5 for the price of $5 each through May 4
• Whole Grain Baking from King Arthur Flour
• The Rhythm of Family: Discovering a Sense of Wonder Through the Seasons by Amanda Blake Soule
• Joy the Baker Cookbook: 100 Simple and Comforting Recipes by Joy Wilson
• EvoLuxe—Use the code 2012MAMA for 15% off through May 8
• House & Hold—Use the code SIMPLEDESIGN for 10% off through May 8
• Le Creuset
• Peugeot Spice Mills
• Soy Delites Candles—Use the code SIMPLEMOM15 for 15 % off
• Teach Your Tot
• Allora Handmade—Use the code MOTHERSDAY for 15% off through May 13
• Chocolate and Steel—Check the site for the current monthly special
• Funky Vintage Lovely—Use the code SIMPLE for 10% off through May 13
• Lisa Leonard—Use the code SIMPLEMOM20 for 20% off through May 2nd
• Mercy House—Every purchase directly supports the Mercy House maternity home in Kenya!
• Native Shop—Use the code QUEEN25 for 25% off through May 8
• Peggy Li Jewelry—Use the code “SHSMOM” for 20% off through May 4
• Savage Heart—Use the code SIMPLELOVE for 15% off through May 8
So what are you waiting for? Go order your Mother’s Day gifts now!