Written by editor Nicole Bennett of Gidget Goes Home.
I just got done celebrating my son’s third birthday this weekend– what fun! It’s great to see how enjoyable the simple things can be, a mommy/daddy date for cinnamon rolls and a simple party at the park with friends, family and ice cream were just the thing for our special three-year old.
And yesterday I got to sink my hands into some potting soil to repot a few plants and boy do I have the itch to do more gardening. We won’t be growing much of a garden this year but I can’t wait to at least get a few things in pots– some herbs, tomatoes and strawberries are what I have in mind, as soon as we finish our back patio.
A few things to share
- I’m loving the recent series at Whipstitch about Deborah’s search to build an Audrey wardrobe. I’ve always been an Audrey fan, too, so I look forward to seeing what patterns Deborah finds that emulate Audrey’s style.
- If you’re feeling charitable and want to spread a bit of love, there are a couple of new ways you can do that: one, is with Craft Hope, where right now for their twenty-first project, you can donate handmade blankets, hats and scarves which will be send to orphans in Romania.
I recently became an affiliate of Go To Patterns, and they have a really neat opportunity right now, too. If you purchase the Casual Lady pattern, a sweet and simple top and dress pattern, you will be helping fund a Sewing Collective in India for single mothers escaping the sex trade industry as well as a safe house for children in Cambodia at risk of being trafficked.
- I love this DIY Leather Handle box over at WhimseyBox, it would be a great way to organize a few craft supplies.
- If you need to sew something for a baby, look no further than Kate from See Kate Sew‘s awesome collection of 50+ baby sewing tutorials.
companies web hosting
web hosting reviews
free web hosting
web hosting services
top web hosting
top free web hosting
services web hosting
web hosting companies
- And if you need some inspiration to sew something for yourself, how about a Spring Top Sewalong? Follow along and join the fun with Made by Rae. I just might do this if I can find some sewing time.
What have you been reading lately? Leave a link in the comments if you’ve come across something inspiring.