Photo by Seth
It’s vacation time around here! My family and I are taking this next week off of work, and we’ll be doing both a short holiday to the beach and a staycation right here at home. We are very much looking forward to much-needed rest, relaxation, fun, and reconnecting as a family.
I’m also taking a week off of writing here at Simple Mom. But! Never fear – I’ve got some excellent guest writers lined up Monday through Friday. In my opinion, they’re some of the best in their niches, and I have no doubt you’ll be blessed by their words. I hope you’ll show them the same love you’ve shown me with your active participation!
In the meantime, here’s a bit of what I enjoyed around the blogosphere this week…
- The 50 Most Influential Female Bloggers :: NxE
- How to Avoid Buying Things You Do Not Need :: My Super-Charged Life
- 10 Ways to Take Stunning Portraits :: Digital Photography School
- Becoming Debt-Free: Identifying The Why :: Frugal Dad
- Essential Tools for the Household Handyman :: Unclutterer
- 9 Actions for Your Health that Cost Less than a Dollar :: Being Frugal
- 25 Acts of Body Language to Avoid :: Marc and Angel Hack Life
- Wet Water Sponge Toys :: Make and Takes
- 10 Commitments You Should Make for your own Financial Success :: The Wisdom Journal
- It’s a Gift Card Giveaway! :: Almost Frugal
- Oilcloth Crafts: Lunch Bags & More :: Martha Stewart
- 10 Important Tasks for Your Mid-Year Checkup :: My Dollar Plan
- 50 Ways to Help the Planet :: Wire & Twine
And just for fun…
I’ll be back in full swing on Simple Mom come Monday, July 21. There’s lots of stuff ahead in the next month: an interview with an amazing writer, a new series on how not to simplify, a 20-day countdown guide to get your home and your life ready for the fall, more on ideas for a creative summer for preschoolers, and at least two big giveaways. Stay tuned.
(Bonus points to the first commenter that can name the movie reference in this post’s title.)