Hi friends. Over at the Burlap Bag, we’re all about reusing and recycling. We’re also all about fun and easy decorations!
Combine the two, and we’ve created a fun how-to for heart garlands. These are similar to paper chains, but they form hearts instead.
How to make heart garlands:
1. Get some fun paper strips, around 4-6 inches long. Our strips were from an old atlas. I LOVE the way the maps look! If the strips are smaller, that’s ok, your hearts will just be smaller.
2. Form a heart by hot glueing (or stapling) the two ends together.
3. We also glued the bottom to make it more heart-like. An optional step, but we liked the hearts better this way.
4. Repeat and make a bunch of these hearts.
5. Put some glue in the top crevice of a heart.
6. Stick the bottom of one heart into that glue.
7. Repeat and you’re forming a fun garland!
8. Make it as long as you want and then do something awesome with it! We actually made ours into a wreath by connecting the two end hearts. This could be a fun addition to a centerpiece, or you could string them in a doorway, or whatever you want! These would be a fun kid project.
There’s tons of paper options out there… and so many possibilities of where to hang these. What would you do?