Photo by Greg Lawler
We are out of town this weekend, so we won’t be celebrating Father’s Day until the next weekend. But my husband truly deserves pampering, guy-style. He’s an amazing daddy to our two kids, and I am so proud to be his wife.
Here are our simple, frugal, practical gifts for him – classic and simple, just like our man:
1. A day off. He can veg, he can sleep in, he can go on a hike, he can be alone, or he can be with us. Whatever he wants, as long as it’s enjoyable to him.
2. A meal of his choosing. He’s easy to please, but there are some recipes he really enjoys, and I don’t make them often for whatever reason. But whether it’s salmon or hot dogs (please, no!), it’s his choice.
3. A back massage. One of his favorite things, and not given nearly enough.
4. A picture drawn by our 3-year-old artist. I couldn’t stop her if I tried.
5. Extra time as a family. One of his higher love languages is quality time, so I know he often craves more family time together. We’ll make sure and get some extra time in, perhaps on a picnic. He loves picnics.
What about you? What simple gift ideas do you have for the fathers in your life? I hope you have something special up your sleeve.
On a completely different note – we are out of town this weekend, so I won’t be posting until Tuesday. Until then, peruse the archives if you’re in the mood, and if you’re new around here – welcome! I’m glad you’re here.