This giveaway is now closed. Check back soon for the results!
I‘m not huge on bucket lists. Not because I don’t think they’re motivating and useful—they are—but I don’t like the stigma associated with the idea that your life is less than until you do those things. Not true at all.
But I have wanted to write an actual bucket list for a long time now. Ideas have rattled around in my head for ages, but I admittedly have never written anything down. And actually, I prefer the term Life List. Seems less morbid.
Until now. I’ve finally written the first draft of my list.
These are things that I’d love a chance to do. They’re not going to make my life complete—the more I travel, the more the bug bites, I’ve found—but by golly, our time on earth is short, and I like the idea of making the most of those days.
Do you have a bucket list of sorts? I’d love to hear one of the items on your list, because I’ve got a great opportunity to give you. Read on.
Photo by Nick Russill
My Life List: a sampling
- Take a cooking class
- Spend at least a month in Paris
- Visit Iceland
- Build a house from scratch
- Learn how to sail
- Backpack through Europe with Tate
- Take a cross-country family road trip and visit all 50 U.S. states
- Eat the most delicious piece of chocolate in the world
- Take a photo every day for a year
- See the northern lights
- Attend the TED Conference
- Be a grandparent that my grandkids want to be around
- Get 8 hours of sleep every night for one month
- See Andrew Bird in concert (maybe I could do this one and TED at the same time…)
- Meet J.K. Rowling
- Teach all my kids to read
- Take the kids to the spot on the dirt road in Kosovo where Kyle and I met
Photo from Andrew Bird
These items are just a sample, and I’m sure it’ll evolve as my life does. I’m incredibly blessed to have already been able to cross some items off. God is inexplicably good.
Head here to read the rest of my list.
Now it’s your turn
Our friends at Just Ask want you to stay around for a good long while so you can cross activities and achievements off that list of yours. That’s why they’ve developed a test that could save your life—the BRACAnalysis test—by warning you about your chances of getting breast or ovarian cancer.
Share 15 items from your list, and you have a shot of winning a trip of a lifetime. The grand prizes are:
- A family vacation of a lifetime to Universal Orlando® Resort.
- A Las Olas Surf Camp Safari
- Ski Lessons and stay at Park City Mountain Resort
Not bad, eh? To get the full details on how you can share your own bucket list and enter to win those grand prize vacation packages, head over to Today’s Mama.
I get to help you cross something off of your bucket list!
Leave me a comment on this post, sharing one item from your bucket list. (If you’re reading this via email, you must click over to the main post to comment.)
One random winner will win up to $500 for crossing that item off your list!
For a second bonus entry, “like” Just Ask on Facebook, come back here, and leave a second comment letting me know.
I hope you win! This giveaway will end next Friday, October 28.
This is a sponsored giveaway. Just Ask offers a breast and ovarian cancer screening and is encouraging people to share 15 things the want to enjoy in my lifetime as a reminder to be aware of their health.