You all know a good book when you see one! There were almost 1,000 entries for The Creative Family, including comments, secret code entries (the code was “underwater basket weaving,”), and additional mentions on your blogs.
I wish I could give one to all of you, but that doesn’t mean you can’t go and order it just as soon as you’re done reading this post.
The three winners are:
Congrats! I’ve emailed you, so please check your inbox for further instructions.
If you didn’t win, seriously order it today – I think the book is that good. And by the way, if you use the links provided on this site (like here) to buy your book through Amazon, a small portion of your purchase will go towards maintaining Simple Mom. I’d really appreciate it!
Here’s a rather odd assortment of great reads I enjoyed this week from my Reader:
- 30 Ways to Make Your Life More Simple :: On Simplicity
- An Emergency Fund is More Than Just Money :: Frugal Dad, a guest post by The Happy Rock
- Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti :: Smitten Kitchen (best food photos ever, by the way)
- 5 Ways to Calm Your Thinking and Deal with Adversity :: My Super-Charged Life
- 8 Instant Tent Ideas for Preschoolers :: Preschool Mama (if you’ve got preschool kids, subscribe to her blog – chock full of great ideas)
- I Quit! :: My Dollar Plan
- Sock Monkey Tutorial :: Web Goddess (found via The Crafty Crow)
- Lessons Learned from a Straight Road :: The Wisdom Journal
- 50 Reasons to Go Green with Reusable Shopping Bags :: SquawkFox
- 25 Sharp Cuts of Time-Saving Wisdom :: Marc and Angel Hack Life
All in all, it was a very good month here at Simple Mom. July 1 saw 821 subscribers, and by August 1, there were 2007! Welcome, all new Simple Mom readers, and I hope you enjoy this site and community as much as I do. I always welcome reader suggestions and feedback, so don’t hesitate to contact me if you ever have questions or ideas.
Here are Simple Mom’s top referrals in July – thanks to all of you for linking here.
- Soule Mama
- Frugal Dad
- Rocks in My Dryer
- DIY Themes
- Biblical Womanhood
- Make and Takes
- Being Frugal
- Lisa Leonard
- Marc and Angel
And finally, here are Simple Mom’s most popular posts in July (excluding The Creative Family giveaway, of course):
- Subscribing to Blogs 101: the Why, the How, and the Where
- The Best-Kept Secret to a Clean Home
- A Basic Guide to Menu Planning
- 18 Everyday Hacks for Cooking from Scratch
- Your Family, on a Mission
Have a great weekend, everyone!