Wish you had someone to walk alongside you in certain areas of your life? You can hire me as that person. Whether you’re more comfortable with the term mentor or coach, I can help you find answers you’re looking for.
(I’m grateful for the people in my life who’ve helped me find mine.)
Since we’re already talking about it, here’s something to know: a coach isn’t a counselor or a consultant. A coach’s primary task is to ask the right questions so that you can find the answers yourself. A good coach points out bends in the road of your journey, encourages you to look at the view, and helps you create your map so that you can figure out the best way to get where you need to go.
Types of coaching I do:
Planning a trip and need a fresh mind to help make your dream a reality? My family of 5 and I spent a school year traveling around the world, and continue to travel as frequently as we can. I can help you decide where you want to go, how to budget, how to handle the logistics, and how to plan for worldschooling.
2. Cross-cultural living/re-entry
I’ve lived several years abroad doing non-profit work, both as a single twenty-something and as a thirty-something wife and mom. After that, we helped an organization run member care-style guesthouses around the world, debriefing non-profit workers so that they can find rest and renewal. If you’re about to move abroad, are currently living in a cross-cultural environment, or have just re-entered your passport country, I can listen to your stories, help you unpack your backpack, and ask questions to help you process the crazy.
I’m thick in the midst of a writing career, having published only three books. But—I’ve published three books. That’s not nothing. I can look at your book proposal, up to 5,000 words of a drafted piece, or up to 5 blog posts, and provide feedback in the form of editing, thematic suggestions, and/or actionable next steps.
While blogging obviously involves writing, there’s much more to it than that. I’m in my ninth year of running a successful blog, and have seen the online landscape change enough to know what separates the wheat from the chaff. If you’d like a practical critique of your existing blog, I can help with feedback about design, ways to make it more readable, social media best practices, creating and growing an email list, and fine-tuning your big-picture message.
5. General life coaching
In-process of becoming a certified life coach, I can work with you one-on-one (before my rates increase) about a specific issue you’re working through. Whether you’re wrestling with vocation, personality, or simplifying your parenting or home management game, I can be your listening ear. I’ll help you clarify the muddle, walk with you through the “messy middle” journey that’s inevitable before finding direction, and ask the right questions to give you the tools you need to figure out what’s going on.
• All coaching sessions are $150 for your first 90-minute session with me, and are done one-on-one via Skype. It includes a pre-meeting questionnaire, a personalized game plan written by me for moving forward, and up to 15 minutes of feedback afterwards on Voxer. I’ll also send you an audio recording of our session so you can listen to it again at any time.
• 60-minute follow-up sessions are $125 each and include continual follow-up written game plans and up to 15 minutes of Voxer feedback.
• Payment is due in advance before meeting, and can be paid via Paypal or credit card.
• All sessions are confidential.
• I am not a medical or legal professional, and my coaching sessions are not for the purpose of legal or medical advice or diagnosis.
• Space is extremely limited, so apologies in advance for the potential waitlist.
Fill out the form below, and I’ll get to you as soon as I can. Clicking submit only indicates your interest, nor does it guarantee you a spot in my calendar. Thanks for understanding!