This giveaway is now closed. Check back this weekend for the winner!
Welcome to Simple Living Media’s Home for the Holidays! We’ve got 25 giveaways across the entire network this week to give you plenty of chances to win a great gift, just in time for the holidays.
Today I’m giving away a Café Modena Espresso Machine from Breville. This is the perfect at-home espresso maker — it’s small, it’s simple to use, and it makes delicious cappuccinos, macchiatos, or whatever coffee drink you fancy.
Kyle and I have been happy for years using only a French press for our daily joe. And we still use it — but it’s been a blast making americanos and lattes on the spot, with no need to drive to a café and spend $4 for a drink.
Valued at $149, this thing pays for itself in almost a month, if you were to buy an expensive drink daily (and if you read Simple Mom, you probably don’t — but now you don’t need to!).
Learn more about this little beauty and how to win it.
When Kyle and I first took it out of the box, we were a smidge intimidated. How do these things work? But honestly, we had our first drink made in about 15 minutes. Breville provided plenty of visuals in their instruction manual, so it only took us a few times to get the espresso measurements they way we like it. It also comes with a:
- stainless steel frothing pitcher,
- combo measuring spoon and tamping tool,
- cleaning wand,
- stainless steel frothing pitcher, and
- two cute little espresso cups and saucers.
At first, we thought something was wrong with our machine because when we turned the dial to start frothing milk, it started making a low-grade thumping noise. It almost sounded like it was broken. We did a bit of research, though, and it turns out this is what pump machines do — as in, this is a simple higher-end machine similar to those found in commercial coffee shops.
The frothing tool is powered by a 15 bar Italian-made pump, not steam. So it works in a flash, and is super easy to use. Back in our early days of marriage we had a simple steam machine, and I could never get the froth right. With the Café Modena, it’s perfect each time.
There are only two things I wish were different on this machine:
1. The frothing wand spits out a bit of water at first. This isn’t a major deal, though, since you have the frothing pitcher right there to catch it. You can pour it out and then pour in your milk, but I just leave it in there and let it mix in the milk. We’re talking about a teaspoon of water, so to me, this isn’t a big deal.
2. It’s also a bit hard to see the water level in the back. You have to angle yourself just-so to see how much water you have, which is important — you don’t ever want to run an espresso machine without enough water, or you’ll burn the pump.
Breville sent us their indoor smart grill a few years ago, and we’ve been extremely pleased with it. They’re a great company that makes quality, aesthetically-pleasing products that are simple to use.
I’m not a fan of single-tasking gadgets in the kitchen, but Breville makes tools that can carry you through all your culinary feats. Their mini grills mean you can barbecue year-round or make simple paninis in a flash, their variety of cooking tools help you speed up your daily cooking needs, and of course, their line of espresso machines turn your kitchen into a café.
Kyle and I have used our Café Modena daily since we got it, and have been extremely pleased. All in all, this is a great workhorse machine in our kitchen, and it would make a fabulous Christmas present for the coffee lover in your life.
One Simple Mom reader will win a Café Modena Espresso Machine from Breville!
How to win
Everyone has two chances to win. Here’s how:
1. Comment on this post, answering this question: What’s your favorite coffee drink? Or if you don’t drink coffee yourself, who would you give this to and why?
This giveaway will end tonight, Monday, November 29 at 11:59 p.m. I hope you win! We’ll announce the winners of all the holiday giveaways at the end of the week.