Alright guys… this is it. It’s officially less than a month until Notes From a Blue Bike is released into the world and available for your bookshelves. And? That makes me giddy and nervous and humbled as all get out.
It’s pretty commonplace to see book launches on the Internet these days—it seems like there’s a blogger every week announcing their new paper-made baby released into the wild. And I’ve seen these launches happen a bajillion ways, so I know one thing I want to make sure and avoid… and that’s talking you into the ground about The Book.
It’s kinda funny sometimes, because you guys are really the reason this book can even happen. Seriously. I mean, the book industry today wants to make sure an author has an audience that’ll potentially buy the book, and well? You guys are the audience.
So I don’t take it even a little bit lightly that you guys make this blog and this upcoming book what it is. THANK YOU. And so the last way I’d want to say thanks is to hit you with the firehose of all the crazy—the book tour, the promotional efforts, the what-not. I mean, they have to happen, sure. But at the end of the day, I’m still the same girl, making soup for dinner and teaching the times tables to my nine-year-old. That’ll be me who you see on the tour as my family and I trek up the coasts. I’m very much a goofy, regular girl at the end of the day.
But I really am passionate, passionate about encouraging people that they can live counter-culture. If the words in Blue Bike about my own journey help a few people slow down in a culture that’s compulsively going 100 mph? And then another? And another? Well, the culture may very well change. How cool would that be? Amazing.
And so because I’ve been given this gift, I want to share it with you guys, and with anyone else you might find it a blessing. I’ll do what I can to make sure what I share is relevant, useful, and ultimately, not just about me and The Book.
Which thrills me to share two things about the book’s release: gifts to you for pre-ordering, and fun giveaways! Seriously—my publisher, Thomas Nelson, is going above and beyond to thank you guys for pre-ordering.
If you order the book before it releases on February 4, 2014, my publisher wants to gift you these things:
Buy one copy and you’ll receive:
• A brand new e-book I’ve written called 20 Things I’d Tell My 20-Something Self. I’ve written this solely for this offer, so you’re the only ones who will get it!
• My e-book, One Bite At a Time: 52 Projects To Making Life Simpler. Broken down into manageable chunks, this book provides steps, tips, links, and motivation to slow down and simplify. Welcome to sanity.
• A downloadable list of extra resources on each topic of the book. These will help you slow down a bit and live life with more intention.
• A collection of sharable, printable, and framable quotes from the book.
Buy 5+ copies:
• All of the above, plus…
• Free graphics of art in the book—whether you print them, pin them, share them with friends, or do something creative, all of the graphics from the book will be yours. I’d love to see what you do with them! Guys, they’re gorgeous.
• Free Blue Bike poster featuring a quote from the book, great for hanging prominently as a reminder to slow down and enjoy the ride.
Buy 8+ copies:
• All of above, plus…
• A bicycle necklace from my friend Lisa Leonard (available to the first 100 who respond!). Because who doesn’t love a new Lisa Leonard necklace?
The book includes a boatload of discussion questions, perfect for a Book Club! So now’s a great time to order in bulk, while these freebies are available. You can order in bulk, then have your Book Club buddies pay you back.
So, here’s what you need to do:
1. Pre-order a copy of Notes from the Blue Bike. You can order it right now from any of your favorite retailers—head here to order it on Amazon, here on Barnes & Noble, here on Book Depository, or anywhere else you love.
2. Forward a copy of your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org. (You must forward your receipt by February 18).
3. Once your purchase is confirmed, all of the digital content will be available to you within a few weeks. Posters and necklaces will be shipped within 4-6 weeks.
Isn’t that so awesome of them? I’m just in awe.
Guys, Thomas Nelson is also doing some seriously fun giveaways to celebrate Blue Bike‘s release. Like, I-wish-I-could-enter-them fun. They’ll have one per week for the next few weeks, so head over to the book’s website and enter this week’s!
Blue Bike is divided in to five categories—food, work, education, travel, and entertainment. Perfect for five different giveaways, right? And since this week they’re celebrating food, look what they’re giving away today:
For real. Get over there and enter!
Okay, I’ve officially overwhelmed you with info on this post. Any questions you might have? Any thoughts? Wanna just share what you’re watching these days? (Me: Downton. Except what is UP with last Sunday’s episode?!)