If you venture far into the blogosphere, you’ll be inundated with all types of “do this and your life/business/family/home/marriage will be awesome” speak. Especially if you visit some of the larger blogs on self-development and improvement.
I’ve got no issue with people wanting to share their thoughts on how to make life better. After all, that’s why we frequent these sites.
But do we make things more complicated than they need to be?
What if two words could improve your marriage?
Two words can…and will.
- Grow up. (this is what marriage is all about!)
- Just breathe. (enjoy this moment in life, they’re too fleeting to waste)
- Think big. (look at the big picture of life and marriage, it’s not all about you)
- Get over. (forgive again and again)
- Choose battles. (not everything is worth the fight)
- Just stop. (get help if you need)
- Shut up. (there’s wisdom in knowing when to be quiet)
- Move on. (let go of the past and live in the moment)
- Be smart. (use your brain in every situation)
- Common sense. (uh, hello, befriending an ex-girlfriend on Facebook is just plain stupid)
- Show up. (there’s value to being together)
- Be present. (engage your spouse when you’re together, don’t be lost at work or elsewhere)
- Just love. (make every day a competition on who can love the other better)
- Get naked. (don’t forget to be physical with each other)
- I’m listening. (listen to what your spouse says and let them know you are hearing it clearly, don’t just wait for them to finish talking so you can argue your side)
- Forgive me. (which is different and far more humbling than “I’m sorry”)
- Play together. (don’t be so serious all the time, play games, sports, goof off, laugh)
- Pray together. (constantly)
- Thank you. (two very sexy words in a marriage!)
- I’m here. (through thick and thin, good and bad, no matter what!)
What are your two words? Add them in the comments.