Thanks for all your feedback the other week. After hearing your ideas and suggestions, here are a few more details for the Book Club:
• We will meet again on Thursdays. This means, however, that you can join in any time throughout the week; we will just start a new section on each Thursday. Most discussion will also happen on Thursdays, but the topics pertinent to that section will remain open all throughout the reading.
• I will open up the forums again, and that will be our Book Club’s platform. I’ll have to create a slightly tighter registration form, just to fight against the ton of spam that was on the forums last year. Sorry in advance about that. But be patient; if you’re a human and not a robot, you’ll be approved.
Without further adieu, here are the books we’ll read the rest of the year. Dates are still to be determined, but I thought it would help to announce them in plenty of time, in case you came across one of the books at a good deal.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families, by Steven Covey (Thursdays, Jan 28 – Mar 22)
- How Children Learn, by John Holt
- In Defense of Food, by Michael Pollan
- More Than Enough, by Dave Ramsey
I wanted a well-rounded group of non-fiction that would appeal to most of Simple Mom’s readers. Aside from our first book, which has a general family and relationships topic, the rest of the selections cover kids and parenting/education, food and whole living, and personal finance and responsibility.
I’m excited! I hope you are, too.
So reserve your copy of 7 Habits at your local library, buy it at a bookstore, order it off Amazon, or even do what I’m doing — listen to it from Audible (and just so you know, if you use the Amazon and Audible links presented here, you’ll help with the upkeep of the blog and the Book Club).
For the first week of 7 Habits, we’ll discuss the “personal message,” the forward, and the introduction. Then we’ll discuss a habit per week, with a final week of concluding remarks.
And again, you don’t have to sign up for the Book Club — just order the book and join in the forums when they’re ready!
I look forward to reading with you.