1. I’m an American who lives overseas. Sorry, no can tell which country we’re in (security reasons).
2. I’ve got an awesome hubby and two adorable kiddos – 3 years old and 10 weeks old. Yep, I’ve got a newborn at the moment.
3. When I’m not nursing, studying language, wiping crayon off the wall, monitoring the time-out corner, talking with neighbors, or baking banana bread (all things I did in the last 24 hours, oddly enough), I’m a graphic designer. Check out my etsy shop.
4. My first name has no vowels. And no, it’s not Lynn.
5. I love reading, podcasts, music of all kinds, coffee, wine, and Jesus. Not in that order.
6. I live in an urban high-rise apartment in a city of 4 million people. This is new to me. I grew up and have spent most of my life in the American suburbs.
7. You could call me chewy granola. Not quite crunchy, but I do love making things (like food and house cleaners) from scratch, not accumulating lots of trash, doing little things to both save money and the environment around me, and learning about saving energy. I’m a blast at parties.
8. To add to that whole being a blast at parties thing, my latest interest is personal finance. I believe Dave Ramsey loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life.
9. Austin, Texas is my hometown, and boy, do I miss it. There’s people I miss, of course, but I also miss BBQ, Tex-Mex, cherry limeades from Sonic, Dr. Pepper, Jason’s Deli (hmm, why do these all involve food right now?), thrift shopping, and coffee shops with wi-fi.
10. I detest hot weather. Ironic, since I’m from a city where the summers are five months long, and there’s easily 30 days in a row over 100 degrees. It didn’t bother me as a kid, but I’ve apparently turned into a weenie as an adult.
I’d love to hear from you, so please contact me if you have any questions, suggestions, or thoughts about this new blog.